Friday, August 21, 2009

Preach The Word! Part Two

By Matt Tyler

I have a heart for people. But more than that, I have a heart for people to repent and trust in the God who gave them life. I don't want to see people go to Hell. I have been given so much and I just want to give back a portion of what Jesus has given me. The most loving thing I can do for someone is to proclaim the Message to them. Because of their sin, they are going to face something terrible: Judgment Day. And so am I.

I want to be able to tell God, who mercifully and graciously saved a wretched and disgusting sinner like me, that I followed his command to make disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:18-2). I want to tell Him that I preached to all the World that those who believe will be saved but those that do not will be condemned (Mark 16:15-16). I want to tell God that I preached the Gospel that he commanded us to preach (Luke 24:45-47). At the same time, I don't want to be responsible for someone not hearing the Gospel. Woe to me if I do not preach the Gospel

A person will have to face God whether I talk to him or not. His sins would send him to Hell whether I talked to Him or not. But I love people and I want to do everything I can to tell them about Jesus. The most loving thing I can do for them is to tell them that they have sinned against a Holy God and deserve to go to Hell, like me, but the good news is that God provided a way for them to be saved in His Son, Jesus Christ.

This is illustrated in this point: If someone was about to fall off of a cliff why in the world would I go up to them and say, "Hey! Here is some money for food tonight. Okay continue on your way?" I would not do that! I would run up to that person and say, "Hey you are about to fall of this cliff. Don't go that way!!" And, you know, in the process I just might take them out to dinner. Is that something I have to do to tell them not to fall off the cliff? No. I can tell them to turn around regardless of whether I feed them or not.

What are you going to do? Christian, when are you going to be concerned for the lost? When are you going to stand up and proclaim the Gospel?

It breaks my heart if you disagree with me because I really want to stand next to you and proclaim, with you, that the Gospel is the power of God to save people. And I know that God wants us to be proclaiming His Word. I know this because it's in the Bible.

Preach the Gospel. Period.

Live it out, but for crying out loud, preach it out.

On a positive note, there are those who are doing this. Everyday people are realizing the need to get out and preach the Gospel to people. I have heard of people who have been saved within the last month because someone cared enough about them to be one of those "crazy" Christians who go door to door. I've heard of people within the last month who have come to know Christ because they were handed a track. I've heard of people who were saved thirty years after hearing a street preacher. They were saved as a direct result of not being able to get that street preacher out of their head. People are Biblically living out their faith and proclaiming the Word of God. God is doing incredible things. In countries across the World Christians are being killed because they went out onto the streets and told people that Jesus was the only way. And people came to know Christ because of it. God is working. He will win- He has won. Will you be in on it? Will you be an agent for Him to accomplish this?

I pray that you will.


[For Your Consideration]

Act 2:14-41

1 Corinthians 1:17-29

1 Corinthians 2:1-13


And a word from the Prince of Preachers:

"If sinners will be damned, at least let them leap to hell over our bodies. And if they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees, imploring them to stay. If hell must be filled, at least let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go there unwarned or unprayed for."
--Charles Spurgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment

1. We do not have to reply to your comments. If we feel like responding to your comment then we will do so. However, we reserve the right to not respond to anyone. This is our blog. We do not have to reply to critical comments on our posts. We may, we may not.

2. Thanks for stopping by. But remember, YOU are stopping by. It was your choice. This is our "home." This is our blog. You are simply passing through. Show some respect.

3. This is a blog ran by Christians. Therefore we will uphold our Christian values. No cussing. Do not use God's name in vain (capitalize His name too). Show some respect. If you are a Christian, then keep in mind Who you are representing. If you are not a Christian, please see rule two. You are the guest here and therefore, agree with our values, beliefs, ect. or not, you must follow the rules.

4. We reserve the right to delete any posts we want to. Sorry.

5. We don't allow anonymous comments.

Questions? Comments?

We would love to hear from readers:

thematt20@msn.com, MJLynn24@gmail.com

Proclaim His Excellence